Hub Zemke Library
The Hub Zemke Library is an Air Force Library with heart, serving military members (Active, Reserve, & Retired), their families, and DoD staff. The library supports the Air Force Mission, as well as the education and entertainment needs of the registered patrons.
The Hub Zemke Library’s current hours are:
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Friday, 8-4 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- 3D Printing Services
- LaunchPads – PreK-4 preloaded educational tablets
- Video Games for Checkout: Xbox One, Xbox Series X,
PS5, PS4, Switch, and Wii
- Reading and Multipurpose Rooms
- Reading Programs
- STEM Resources & Events
- Children’s Library
- Test Prep
- Language Learning
- Curbside Service (email HZLStaff@gmail.com)
To access digital resources, please stop into the Library to get registered, call 634-2314 or email email@example.com for details.
Here is a sampling of the many resources available: Digital Resources Short List. There is always interesting content to be found!
Send your completed registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org and the Library staff will send you your login information.
To start using curbside delivery, choose the Library Catalog button above.
1. Customer will be prompted to log in with their library User ID and PIN. Customers can call or email for their login information.
2. Customers choose titles and place them on hold.
3. Customer emails at email@example.com or calls library staff at 634-2314 during open hours to let them know they have put in an order.
4. Staff will look for the holds in the customer’s profile and gather the items. Library staff will also place a digital resources brochure and ICE comment card in the bag.
5. Books will be returned via drop box located in front of the library. Once material is returned, it will be wiped down and removed from circulation for two weeks to limit possible transmission between personnel.
Hours & Contact Info
17849 16th St.
Beale AFB, CA 95903
(Between 16th & B St.)
COM: (530) 634-2314
We have many classes here at the Hub Zemke Library! See which is the right fit for you or your children!
We typically host these programs:
Build ‘n Play
Used Book Giveaway
Home School Open House
If you have questions or have a program suggestion, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLEP & DSST
Scroll through to learn more!
*This PDF is scrollable.
To combat test anxiety, students must know how to study effectively, understand how we learn, and optimize on memory.
How To Study
- Article: How to Study with a Full-Time Job by Kylepott from LifeHack.org
- Website: Study Guides and Strategies Website
- Book: How to Study by Ron Fry available in print and audio download with OneClick
- Article: How to Study in Six Simple Steps from Dummies.com
Discover Your Learning Style or Preference
How We Remember
- Book: Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Survivng and Thriving at Work, Home, and School by John Medina available in print at the Library, audio CD and the Library, eBook on Overdrive, and audio download with OneClick
- Book: How to Remember Anything: The Proven Total Memory Retention System by Dean Baughn available in print and ebook on Overdrive
- Article: Eight Ways to Remember Anything: Research-Based Strategies to Boost Your Memory and Keep it Strong by Alex Lickerman, PhD from Phycholog Today, 11-16-09
- Article: 20 Hacks to Improve Your Memory by Andrea Leyden, exam time, 1-24-14
- Article: 13 Tricks to Help You Remember What You’ve Learned by Chris Schoonover. LifeHack.org
Prepare for the Exam
- Quick tips in prepareing for an exam at Plattsburg State University of New York – Link
- Website: How to Prepare for an Exam. Plattsburg State University of New York
- Article: Scientifically, the Best Ways to Prepare for Final Exams by Shaniese Alston
- Video: 10 Study Tips for Earning an A on Your Next Exam by College Info Geek, Thomas Frank
- Video: How to Prepare for an Exam – Study Tips by Howdine.com
Anxiety Help and Advice
- One-on-One, confidential counseling with an MFLC Counselor at Airman and Family Readiness Center:
- (530) 634-2863
- Article: The Write Way to Reduce Test Anxiety: Two New Research Studies Offer a Simple Approach to Improving Examination Performance by Peter Gwynne
- Video: Overcoming Test Anxiety by GC Success
- Video: Test Anxiety: How to Take on Your Exams Without Stress by College Info Geek, Thomas Frank
- Website: How Can You Reduce Test Anxiety By Kansas State University Counseling Service