• Air Force Aid Society
• Deployment Info
• Employment Assistance
• Exceptional Family Members
• Military Family Life Counselor
• Newcomer Info
• Personal and Work Life
• Personal Finances
• Relocation Assistance
• School Liaison Officer
• Transition Assistance
Are you within one year of separating and within two years for retirement? Don’t wait! Get prepared for your transition early!
· First step! Call the Airman and Family Readiness Center (A &FRC) today to schedule your “Congressionally Mandated” Pre-separation briefing
· Briefing provides an introduction to your veteran’s benefits and services
· Pre-requisite to attend the “mandatory” 5-day TAP seminar (some exemptions)
· VA Benefits Briefing and Capstone also mandatory! (NO exemptions)
· We’ll explain everything in your pre-separation briefing!
Have you heard of the Military Life Cycle (MLC)? The Air Force wants you to be “career ready” upon separation from military service
· Key Touch Points:
- First permanent duty station (active duty)
- Deployment, redeployment
- Mobilization/activation, demobilization/deactivation
- Major life events (such as change in family status)
At these various touch points, what will your transition career path look like? Continuing military service or separating/retiring?
- If separating/retiring, what is your plan? Full-time employment, Higher Education, Career/Technical school, or Entrepreneurship?
- Visit the A & FRC early to complete all of your TAP mandates; attend resume classes; meet with a financial counselor
- Visit the Education Center to learn about all your education benefits
Are you registered on ebenefits? You can register with your CAC card as soon as you enter the Air Force!
- Registration is required prior to separating or retiring from the Air Force
- One stop shop for your veteran’s benefits:
- File your VA disability claim!
-- Learn about your VA Health Care and Education Benefits
-- Veteran Employment Center
-- National Resource Directory
-- AND MUCH MORE!!
Many employers are now hosting Virtual Job Fairs! Check out this web site:
Other military career fair and job search web sites:
- http://www.virtualjobscout.org (Virtual Career Fairs with employers)
Did you know you have Veteran Employment Representatives ready to serve you in your community?
Visit: www.servicelocator.org to find your nearest Career One Stop Center (some have different names), and contact your Veteran Employment Representative for assistance and resources
TRICARE and VA Healthcare are considered “minimum essential coverage” under the Affordable Care Act
Read more at: www.tricare.mil/aca and http://www.va.gov/health/aca/
Thinking of continuing to serve after you separate in the Guard/Reserves? Find out about all your opportunities!
· Contact the In-service Reserve Recruiter, office located on Beale AFB, 530-634-3120
· Contact the In-service Guard Recruiter, office located at Travis AFB, Comm: 702-424-1775 DSN: 837-1775
So, you are thinking about teaching…..Check out Troops to Teachers!
- Who is eligible:
- All current and former members of the U.S. Armed Forces whose last period of service is characterized as honorable may participate in the program for counseling and referral services. Those who meet certain education, military service and registration requirements may also be eligible to apply for TTT financial assistance to assist with their transition to the classroom.
To be eligible for a bonus you must be registered before you begin teaching. Contact the National Office at 1-800-231-6242 for further details.